I think I could fall in love with words in an instant, and I do.
Words, when combined together, and formed into the perfect sentence, or lyric, or poem, can absolutely become the most beautiful thing in the world. When I sit and read a poem, or listen to lyrics, or even read the lyrics, sometimes a good series of words is enough to make my entire body tingle, my eyes well up, and my emotions spin webs of knots.
To be honest, I just spent like thirty minutes picking out a ton of lyrics from songs that I find are beautiful, the perfect matching of words in a row. I erased them all, then posted an entire song that stood out the most. Then I erased that because it still wasn’t perfect. I came to the conclusion there is no way I can truly express how I feel. I love words.
Right now, for instance, I’m listening to “Mother” by Tori Amos. The words are absolutely amazing.
“Mother the car is here, somebody leave the light on. Black Chariot for the redhead, dancing, dancing girls. He’s gonna change my name. Somebody leave the light on, just in case I can’t remember where I came from.”
Amazing.
The funny thing is, the one line of words I fell in love with, wasn’t mentioned in any of the deletions I made.
I guess that makes my point.

No comments:
Post a Comment